New Relic is a software analytics tool suite used by developers, ops, and software companies to understand how your applications are performing in development and production. When combined with StatusHub you can notify these teams and your customer when New Relic encounters an issue with your application.
Our New Relic integration relies on webhook's sent from New Relic. Unfortunately, those hooks do not carry enough information for us to be able to bind servers/application via tags and we have to rely on names. This requires one extra step when setting up the integration.
1. After you have logged into your StatusHub account click the pencil icon to go to the hub edit page
2. Select → Services & integrations
3. Either create a new service or select the service you want to have New Relic update and edit the service.
4. Select the "New Relic" integration
5. Add names of service/application that should trigger a change of the service's status
6. After saving these changes(creating the new service), you will be returned to the service page. You will now notice that an integration link will be visible for this service. Copy this link for later use.
Please note that your link may be slightly different and you should always refer to "Services & Integrations" section when adding new integration in one of supported 3'rd party services
7. Go to your New Relic account
8. In alerts settings, create a new webhook with the link copied from StatusHub
9. Finally, attach the webhook to an alert policy. If you do not have an alert policy configured, this doc on New Relic's knowledge base will help.
Your New Relic integration with StatusHub is now complete.
Article is closed for comments.