So you want to link UptimeRobot and StatusHub, well this short article can show you how to do just that.
To connect UptimeRobot to your statushub page open up your statushub account and click the option "edit status site."
This will bring you to the edit status site page, shown below.
Once here you will need to select the "Services & Integrations" option on the side menu. You will then see these options appear.
Go ahead and select the New service option. The box below will appear.
Go ahead and give the service a name it can be whatever you want, but as we are linking UptimeRobot, it would wise to name it that.
Then using the dropdown select the group on your page you want to update using UptimeRobot. If you have only one group like us, then only one will appear here.
Then select the UptimeRobot option hit Update Service and we will generate a webhook for you to use over at UptimeRobot.
Once you have done this your "new service", i.e., UptimeRobot will appear under the group you previously selected. With the webhook URL, we will need later underneath.
Look at that we are halfway there. Next, you are going to pop over to UptimeRobot and complete the connection
- In Uptime Robot, go to My Settings page and click "Add Alert Contact."
- Select "Web-Hook" as Alert Contact Type
- Paste the Url you copied before into "URL to Notify.",
- IMPORTANT: Please make sure that URL has trailing '&' (ampersand) character. Otherwise, integration will not work due to way how UptimeRobot is creating final urls,
- Click "Create Alert Contact."
With the webhook contact saved go ahead and add your new contact to any monitor that you want to communicate with StatusHub.
To test the webhook, take your server down until you have gotten an alert. If everything works, your StatusHub page will update.