The Control Panel serves as the central management point for all users who have been given access to a hub (Administrators and Team Members). Here, users are able to access, view, and manage every aspect of their hub including account details, events, notifications, status websites, and subscribers.
The Navigational Toolbar at the top of the Control Panel can be used to manage each feature offered by StatusHub.
It provides access to options for managing your status websites, downtime events (incidents and maintenance, managing users, and application settings.
Control Panel Dashboard
After a successful login and status website configuration, you will be directed to the Dashboard. It may also be viewed at any time by clicking on Status Pages in the toolbar.
The Dashboard provides a quick view of each configured status website along with several options for managing your hub. It will appear similar to the following image with each status website being displayed after another.
Below the toolbar, options can be found for managing each status website set up as part of your hub. The following options are provided within the Dashboard for managing these items:
- Browsing Subscribers
- Viewing Event History
- Editing the Status Website Details
- Managing Incident & Maintenance Templates
- Adding New Incident Events
- Adding New Maintenance Events
- Upgrading Your StatusHub Account
- Managing Current Incident or Maintenance Events
Analytics displayed below the status website details show a top-level view of current subscriber counts, sent SMS messages, the number of services, current issue counts, and the number of page views for the status website.
These Analytics may be expanded or collapsed as needed by clicking on the Up or Down Arrow located below the displayed widgets. When collapsed, the Dashboard will appear differently, as shown in the next image.
A Hub can have three types of users. The type of user will determine what the individual can do when using the control panel and the dashboard. Please note that subscribers do not have access to these features and can only view the status website.
- The Administrator has full access to every feature in StatusHub and is the first account set up when either signing up for a free trial or purchasing the application.
- Team Members have similar access to the Administrator, who determines what status websites they can manage.
- Subscribers - These are individuals who have either subscribed to the status website(s) on their own or been imported via CSV by an authorized user. Subscribers are sent notifications via email, SMS, or another method for events causing unexpected or expected downtime for one or multiple services.
Each of these users can be managed via the control panel for your hub. The hub functions as the center point of management for each of these components. The Users option in the navigational toolbar may be used to view/manage team members and subscribers in StatusHub.
The Settings option in the navigational toolbar provides access to each available setting in StatusHub. Here you will be able to configure and manage the following:
- User Settings
- Account Settings
- Billing Information
- Notification Settings
- API Keys
- SAML 2.0 Settings
As always please feel free to contact support with any further questions regarding using the control panel within StatusHub.