Previously StatusHub had two roles, owner and team member and each account was restricted to just one owner in our Control Panel.
Now with Roles and Permissions, there is full flexibility to manage your team members and their access and usage of hubs in the Control Panel.
A team member may now be an admin with full access to edit and configure the hub. For example, editing the appearance or adding or updating services.
These roles can be set per hub and per team member. This allows a team member to be an admin on one hub or an editor on another.
- Admin - Full admin access to a hub. Can manage services, groups, subscribers as well as manage other team members. The equivalent of account owner from the previous version but in the scope of a hub;
- Editor - The equivalent of previous Team Member: Can post events but can't modify services or manage team members for this hub;
- Manager - Editor permissions with ability to edit Groups and Services;
- No access - No access, or visibility of the hub.
Managing Team Members
Below is a sample view of the Team Member admin page. Here you can view and depending on your permission make changes for other team members.
Note: If you have the relevant permission you will see the 'Invite new user' button on the top right.
Team member quota
Each hub has a quota of team members which can be active. You will see an alert if you try to add a member beyond this quota.
* Manager has the same permissions as Editor, but with the ability to edit Groups and Services.
Note: Roles and permissions also apply to API access so having the role of Editor will be sufficient to post events via the API.
We hope this article has been helpful when it comes to managing Roles and Permissions! As always, feel free to contact support for additional assistance or if you have feedback.